Online casino tournaments
All kinds of tournaments and raffles of valuable prizes are arranged at casinos from the first years of active gambling business development. Such events are a very useful advertising trick, a powerful tool to attract new customers and an effective way to retain regular players.
Gambling operators have long organized tournaments on roulette, video slots, blackjack, different types of poker and other games. In the past, fans of such events were going to brick and mortar institutions, and since the late nineties of the twentieth century to challenge other customers you can also at the online casino.
Online VS. Offline
The discussion of the pros and cons of online and offline tournaments takes place at the same level as the comparison of the pros and cons of the two types of casinos. In this section of casinos top 10 we are talking about events on gambling sites, so let’s focus on their advantages.
- Wide choice – most of the largest online casinos organize tournaments of different types;
- Lots of free tournaments – in modern online gambling tournaments without an entry fee are most common;
- Simplicity – in electronic casinos tournaments are held according to basic rules, often even without registration;
- Speed – many competitions are held in an accelerated mode, sometimes it takes a few minutes to participate;
- Prizes – you can win money, valuable gifts and other prizes at online casino tournaments.
It should also be added that participation in virtual tournaments is not associated with transport and other side costs.
Classification of casino tournaments
Tournaments can be divided into several parameters:
- Games – on what games the competition is held;
- The principle of determining the winner – the knockout, the maximum payout, the number of bets, the number of points and so on;
- Scale – within one casino, in all establishments of one operator, on all models of a particular game regardless of the casino;
- Structure – in one or more stages;
- Frequency – one-time or ongoing activities;
- Prize Fund – types of rewards for winners;
- The availability of a paid or free membership.
Before you apply for the tournament, make sure it meets all your criteria.
The prize fund of casino tournaments
Regardless of the game on which the tournament is held, the prize pool may consist of different units:
- Real loans – money, which the winner can immediately dispose of at his discretion. They can be quickly withdrawn or put at stake in other games.
- Bonus credits – money that you need to wager before withdrawing from the account. These are like bonuses. Usually, wager’s conditions are not very strict.
- Comp points – loyalty program points that are awarded to customers in the normal game mode. They are added to the total bill. The client can change them for money at the rate set for him or spend points in another way provided by the rules.
- Free spins – the right to a certain number of free spins on these video slots.
- Valuable prizes – electronic gadgets, laptops, cars, and other expensive goods can also be the prize аund of the online casino tournament.
- Lottery tickets – the opportunity to participate in the prize draw.
Sometimes the prize pool consists of different types of rewards for the winners.
General rules of slot tournaments
Currently, slot tournaments are the most popular type of such events in online gambling.
They are arranged on specific video slots. The format of slot tournaments should be specified in each case. In the past, casino slot tournaments with an entry fee have been widespread. The player was provided with a certain amount of tournament credits. The total amount of payments determined the winner. Often additional purchases were allowed.
Currently, online casinos arrange free tournaments on slot machines that do not require individual registration. You need only to play for money on the slots involved in the event at the specified period. All payments are transferred to your balance, but your achievements also go into the overall standings, which are determined by the winners. The prize fund is usually made up of the casino loyalty program’s comp points.
Slot tournaments can also be held according to the unique rules developed by the administration of the institution. Therefore, carefully study them before you apply for participation.
General rules for video poker tournaments
Most video poker tournaments are held on time or by the number of rounds played. The winner is usually determined by the maximum amount won during the event.
According to statistics, almost always tournaments on video poker are won by users who managed to collect a Royal Flush or at least a Straight Flush. Accordingly, you should strive to get the maximum combination by playing at the maximum bet in coins.
Do not forget that the best strategies for playing video poker are developed for all popular models. Before the tournament begins, review the recommendations of experts, and it is better to print a cheat sheet with tips for drawing all possible hands. Don’t just rely on luck.
General rules of roulette tournaments
Most often, participants of roulette tournaments receive chips of a certain amount. They can make bets as they want, choosing their own strategy. A combination of external and internal bets is allowed, but minimum and maximum limits may apply.
Often roulette tournaments are held in several stages. On each of them players with the least amount of tokens are eliminated. The winner is the customer who stays in the game the longest.
General poker tournament rules
When it comes to poker tournaments, it usually means Texas hold’em, Omaha or other types of poker where customers play against each other, and the institution acts only as an organizer. Such events are not considered on the pages of the Casinos top10 portal.
We are focused on gambling against the casino. In the case of poker, we are interested in such models as Caribbean Stud, Oasis Poker, Casino Hold’em, 3-Card Poker and other varieties of this type.
Online casinos rarely settle tournaments on these types of poker. If you meet such an event, most likely, the winner will be determined by the number of payments for a certain period or the maximum combination.
General blackjack tournament rules
A typical casino blackjack tournament consists of a series of rounds. Players either receive tournament credits or play with their own money. At each stage, there are several hands. At the end of the round, participants with the lowest current bankroll are eliminated.
Rules of the game at the final table of the blackjack tournament may have additional conditions. They may concern, for example, betting limits.
Most blackjack tournaments are held for money. The prize аund is made up of the entrance fees of the participants minus the сommissionб. When it comes to a free tournament, winners usually receive loyalty points or bonus credits that need to be won back.
Remember that blackjack is one of the most difficult casino games. If you are going to risk money in the tournament, at least learn to play according to the basic strategy. Without the basics knowledge of you will have a hard time competing with professionals.
Periodically, large software developers arrange Grand tournaments on certain gambling games of their own production. Clients of all online casinos, where these models are presented, can participate in them.
As an example is the Grand Slam of Slots or slot tournament on the slot machine Thunderstruck. They were held in the online casino on the Microgaming platform.
Such events have several stages. They are played large sums of money and additional prizes. Such competitions always involve a fee for participation.
Currently, this format is not as popular as in the past years, but from time to time game manufacturers and gambling operators came back to it.
Strategy playing at casino tournament
Recommendations for tournament participants depend on many factors: the type of gambling, the rules for determining the winners, the time and so on.
General tips are as follows:
- Choose tournaments on familiar games or gambling entertainment that do not require special knowledge and skills.
- Carefully study all the conditions of participation in the event. Make sure that it suits you, and you meet all the requirements.
- If the game is played for real money, do not go beyond your comfortable range of bets.
- To neglect the optimal game strategy for the sake of winning the tournament is only in extreme cases.
- Follow the achievements of your opponents, if possible. Based on the results of your opponents, adjust your actions. Sometimes you need to take a risk at the final stage, and sometimes it is enough to keep the current position in the table of winners.
The thematic articles at casinostop10 devoted to the strategy of playing at casino tournaments consider all sorts of nuances that should be taken into account in certain cases.
Casino tournament reviews on Casinos top 10
Tournament announcements are published at the Casinos top 10 forum and in the news section of the portal. This section is devoted to competitions that are held on a regular basis in popular online casinos.
The structure of the reviews depends on the genre and other features of the event, but all articles cover the main aspects.
- General description – on what games and in what institution the tournament is held;
- Time – when the competition is held;
- Registration to the tournament – how to apply for participation;
- Prize Fund – what is played in the tournament, how the rewards are distributed;
- Determining the winners – how the winners are determined;
- Other terms-additional terms, territorial restrictions and other information.
In the comments to the reviews of casino tournaments, users can write reviews, tell about their personal experience of participating in competitions and share their experiences with other readers.
How to choose an online casino tournament?
When choosing a tournament, give yourself answers to the following questions:
- What games are you interested in?
- Are you ready to pay for participation?
- What is the format of the tournament for you?
- What would you like to win: money, bonuses, free spins, prizes?
- How much time can you allocate to participate in the tournament?
- How much money are you willing to take for the competition?
Having determined the goals, objectives and personal preferences, study the reviews of tournaments in the online casino, published on this page. Pay attention to the rating. Read customer reviews.
When you choose a suitable event, go to the site of the institution, carefully study the rules and can get down to business.
Casino tournaments are inspiring events that bring variety to the gameplay, cause a surge of adrenaline and sometimes give the opportunity to compete for substantial prizes.
In the online casino, it is easy to find a tournament for your favorite game. Are you good at blackjack? Challenge other professionals. Are you lucky at roulette? Forward in battle! Are you crazy about modern slot machines? You will find a massive selection of slot tournaments.
Reviews of online casino tournaments in the thematic section of the encyclopedia Casinos top 10 will help you to choose the most interesting competition on suitable conditions. Read articles, study recommendations of experts-and let fortune favors you!